Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ack, went out for what was supposed to be a nice run with some ducs to woodville and it turns into one of the freakin worst rides evar :-X

good company and good food though, but damn if I didn't have thoughts of hypothermia on my mind the entire 10 hours!!! :p

I was sooooo glad to get home and find my fingers and toes with no hint of blackness to em and the feeling returning, I just kept thinking, my fingers! my fingers!

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
no joke I've been feeling the chill lately too. might be time to look into some heated gloves...

At least we can still ride though; everyone else has their bike in storage for the winter - that must suck!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm a big pus when it comes to cold weather - no riding for me this weekend. I used it as a reason to yank off my cans and start coring them finally. Got one done, but gotta got pick up a rivit tool to get the cap back on. Now that I know what I'm doing, the second one should go much quicker. Gotta get that canister yanked off to while I'm at it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I had a couple more layers on, so wasn't as cold as others; that light weight bicycle wind breaker really helps. That's about the limit I'd ride in however. My A*'s SP1's and glove liners were OK for the most part. The morning ride to the IHOP was the only time my fingers were uncomfortable with the cold.

·
Registered
74 Posts
There was some serious fog on Austin today...

There were some riders out though....

I've never done it, but is there any technique as to riding in the fog... or is it just like driving your car

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
slow down, watch for obstacles and cars, and it helps to have one of those gloves with the wiper blade on the thumb (or get one of those that you can just slip on).

j.davis, unfortunately, for those of us who wear glasses too, raising the faceshield doesn't help! haha :p

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Sorry to butt in, but this northerner is curious what you consider cold?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Cough. Looks around sheepishly.

Um, there was this freak cold front that like came out of the North East and knocked the temperature down into the -50's. Yep, -50 alright. Wouldn't you say Hiero?

Actually, 45-52.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ACTUALLY, the temps THAT particular day never hit 50 when we were around (we kept going into the front), I'd say we were stuck around 44 the whole day.

50's would be more than bearable

consider too that all I had on were my leather perf jacket with liner (which only is a vest), 2 layers (an underarmour type layer and a long sleeve T), jeans and windproof riding pants, socks and sidi vertebra race boots, and a pair of perfed leather gauntlets... not exactly winter weather gear...

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
hiero said:
ACTUALLY, the temps THAT particular day never hit 50 when we were around (we kept going into the front), I'd say we were stuck around 44 the whole day.

50's would be more than bearable

consider too that all I had on were my leather perf jacket with liner (which only is a vest), 2 layers (an underarmour type layer and a long sleeve T), jeans and windproof riding pants, socks and sidi vertebra race boots, and a pair of perfed leather gauntlets... not exactly winter weather gear...
Mid 40's is spring weather..................not winter. ;D
Just kidding. If you're not dressed for it that can make for some miserable riding. I don't even have gloves that will keep my hands warm below 40 for long periods.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ducpainter said:
Mid 40's is spring weather..................not winter. ;D
Just kidding. If you're not dressed for it that can make for some miserable riding. I don't even have gloves that will keep my hands warm below 40 for long periods.
;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts