Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to install my black Rizoma handlebar, grips, and bar ends on my 696 yesterday, and while attaching the throttle cable to the grip, I tightened the bolt too much and busted the back half of the cover. Has anyone pulled this one yet?! If you're looking at the IPB on pg 64 of the parts catalog(commoto.com), it seems to be the back half of #29, where the throttle cable attaches, but they're telling me I need to order the entire assembly(#20). Does anyone have any advice, assistance, or experience?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Same thing just happened to me - putting on the CRG bar end mirrors - tried to shift everything down and when I tightened the bolt it busted... did you ever find a replacement cover only or did you have to buy the whole thing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the same thing end of las season. Did either of you ever have luck finding the part. the OEM catalog only seems to have the front part of the cover labeled.

·
Registered
371 Posts
just pick up a used throttle off e bay. you can get the entire assembly with new cables for half the price of the individual part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts