Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks to Letko Cycles of KS City for the big assist, my assumptions were wrong and they figured it out.
To do this mod you need the calipers of course, order Galfer brake lines for a Streetfighter; and the stock Monster mounting bolts will work.
When you take off the stock calipers push the pads back in as it is very tight to get them off without hitting the wheel. Letko recommended EBC HH pads and I like them. Looking forward to my track day this weekend.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking bike. the brake is fantastic. You will love it.
Oh I know, as soon as rode as Streetfighter with those calipers I knew I had to have them.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Those are really great looking.
I would love to hear how they compare to the stock M1100s brakes in terms of feel.

When I rode the HYM1100 with the Monoblocks, I felt they were almost too sensitive, too strong.

If I was caught offguard and had to emergency brake to avoid an accident, I imagine I would instinctively grab the brakes and lock them up instantaneously. I don't know how you can modulate them in an emergency, split-second situation... they were that strong.

I loved them though. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are really great looking.
I would love to hear how they compare to the stock M1100s brakes in terms of feel.

When I rode the HYM1100 with the Monoblocks, I felt they were almost too sensitive, too strong.

If I was caught offguard and had to emergency brake to avoid an accident, I imagine I would instinctively grab the brakes and lock them up instantaneously. I don't know how you can modulate them in an emergency, split-second situation... they were that strong.

I loved them though. :)
The same way you get to Carnegie hall, practice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a very nice set up. You need to get used to this powerful brake. I do like them a lot.
Had my first bike track weekend, did a lot of 3rd gear no brakes laps, but they moved me up to intermediate/advance groups and I used the brakes some. I was using two fingers and they were easy to modulate it's just instant braking because the setup is so tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts