Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new-to-me (used) Brembo Billet 'GP" Radial M/C just arrived today! Joy! :)

But upon close inspection, there appears to be a small crack in the rubber seal that surrounds the 'piston-arm' as I'll call that rod. It is only visible as I squeeze in the lever, because this causes a deformation in the rubber, you can see the hole 'open up'.

I'm worried, as this part did not come to me cheap. Is this going to negatively effect the performance of the clutch master cylinder? Can this rubber piece be easily replaced?

I'm worried that this may be a place for fluid to leak, and this was the reason the part ended up on eBay.

My last question - is this the "Dust Cap" that is referred to in the contents of the MotoWheels Radial M/C piston kit? If so, I'd be willing to spring for that or bargain with somebody for just a replacement "dust cap" if that's in fact what I'm looking at having to replace.

Please help! This was one of my Christmas Presents to my bike!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
any way you could post a pic of the master cylinder in question?

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
If you can see this part without removing anything then it is the dustcap. If it's really tiny then you'd be alright to leave it alone unless it just plain bugs you. No fluid leak, no foul.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great!

It is the "Dust Cap" then. It is a circular rubber cone surrounding the plunger rod that connects to the lever. The crack is small and visible only upon depressing the lever, which moves the plunger rod in.

I will let it play out until I see a leak or feel like springing for the replacement.

Thanks for the prompt replies.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
You can probably spin it to a different position, so you don't see it. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts