Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Monster 800 S2R
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a basket case of a project, 2005 Monster S2R Dark. Just one of the many issues and the one that is stumping me the most is the front brake master cylinder reservoir window (sight glass). The sight glass was missing, gone, not here, and probably the reason the bike had no front brakes....lol. I found the part number, 000049654 @ bike-parts-ducati website and ordered two, brake and the clutch side. Went to install the sight glass and the sight glass is too small, it fit straight through the hole, clutch side fit prefect.
Looking closely at the clutch and brake reservoir assy, they appear identical, except the brake's reservoir is slightly larger (normal). Any suggestions. I currently have a work around and seems to be working nicely, I used a rubber foot like found on the bottom of a metal box, it had a hole for mounting. The rubber foot fit snugly sight glass hole then I just used a screw, two oversized washer and a nut to squeeze the foot to make a seal. It works but not what I want.

Thanks,
Todd

P.S.
Owning/working on a Ducati in Tokyo Japan sucks, I can get parts for my Harley and KTM so much easier

Marines Motor vehicle Camera lens Military person Soldier
Product Motor vehicle Auto part Gas Audio equipment

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey ToShi (Todd). That is such a cool bike and such a great city to ride it in. I like those analog gauges so much more than what I get on my 696 (digital LCD). That seems like a difficult problem. If you could figure out the exact diameter of the glass you need, you might be able to find a substitute piece of glass that size meant for jewelry or watches and then hopefully you just have to make sure it makes a good seal with a material thats safe for brake fluid.

I used to travel to Tokyo once a month before the pandemic. I wish I could offer to bring some parts for you but they have closed the border for over a year now. I used to bring stuff with me all the time, especially jewelry and watches.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts