Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm told if I want one, I'll have to wear it for a month and a half daily with no protectors (i.e. no riding)?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Just wear it. Short rides first, then longer ones. Helps if the weather is warmer (the warmer the leather the more supple it becomes). You'll feel your knees a bit where the armor is that's what that person was probably referring to, it will go away. Wear Underarmor (or any kind of long-sleeved Polyester underwear). A month sounds about right to break in the suit depending on how much you ride, but that's ON the bike. You can also do some squats after you get off after each ride, that'll stretch it some more.

-R.

·
Registered
849 Posts
anyone ever try to take the patches off (shoulder patches, perfed cobra II) or add a patch on the sleeve. driving me nuts.
Haven't done that on a Vanson but am routinely removing patches from Wrangler jeans, Carhartt jackets, etc. You can undo the stitching with a small knife or nail grooming sissors and the patch will come right off. There will be some holes where the stitching was, especially on leather, but your local cobbler (or Z Leathers, since they're local to us) can put another patch over where the old one was.

-R.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Vanson charges an extra $50 for jackets without patches, so I took mine off. Couldn't get the bugs out either, so the patches were looking pretty crappy.

What's under them is ... leather. And a bunch of neat holes in an oval shape. The leather still reads "Vanson" impressed from the back of the embroidered patch, but it's fading.

-Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts