Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been running the new 1100 in for about 200 miles...and noticed a slight squeal from the front brake when at low speed/coming to a stop. When almost still, the bike seems to judder from the front end, ever so slightly, but noticeable. I've been very carefull not to brake hard during the break in period.

The dealer said the brake will take some time getting settling down and this will go away in a few weeks.

Should i go with that...or insist they change the pads under warranty?

Second q....amongst the planned mods, i'm gonna do a tail chop. Now i know this will give me an auto 'shower' everytime i venture out into the rain...but has anyone tried a temporary fix like clipping on some clear, rigid plastic sheet to the plate when it's raining? I heard of some guy doing this before...and then stowing that piece of plastic under the seat when not in use...

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is a pretty common " feature". I actually had a rear squeak, which the dealer took care of on the 600 mile service. They removed the pads and sanded down a couple of areas known to drag. I am confident they would do the same for the fronts. I would insist on it being addressed. An expensive bike should not squeak and hope it goes away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just been running the new 1100 in for about 200 miles...and noticed a slight squeal from the front brake when at low speed/coming to a stop. When almost still, the bike seems to judder from the front end, ever so slightly, but noticeable. I've been very carefull not to brake hard during the break in period.

The dealer said the brake will take some time getting settling down and this will go away in a few weeks.

Should i go with that...or insist they change the pads under warranty?

Second q....amongst the planned mods, i'm gonna do a tail chop. Now i know this will give me an auto 'shower' everytime i venture out into the rain...but has anyone tried a temporary fix like clipping on some clear, rigid plastic sheet to the plate when it's raining? I heard of some guy doing this before...and then stowing that piece of plastic under the seat when not in use...

This is an interesting discussion. thank you for sharing
However I think you should vary more examples to your writing much more interesting !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
h2o....thanks...i will do that with the dealer :)

musmadcut....sorry, but what are you talking about? :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bonehead reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts