Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my ride to work this morning in the brisk mid 30's temps I felt my front brakes not grabbing as well and at the last moment-ish in the travel of my brake lever....so my fronts are now ready for replacement...I got just over 21K on the stock set of Brembo pads...I ride as much as possible....do some commuting in various kinds of weather and some spirited riding on weekends and I did 1 track day on this bike...but I have a dedicated track bike now...so that is not really a factor for usage....and I plan on doing a brake flush at the time of servicing....I did a little searching on the topic before posting and found alot of people reccomending the Ferodo Platinums but not many people stating what type of riding they do for using whatever particular pad they do....I will be retaining the usage of the stock rotors more than likely...but I have an alternate set of stockers I got from a very low milage 900SS when I bought the 5 spoke red Marchessini's off the guy from the same bike....and my bike that this all involves around is a 2001 M900ie with stock 2 pin gold Brembo calipers....so hearing opinions from the DML'ers on what pad and how they are currently using them ( ie:what conditions they ride under or how they are in usage of brakes ) would be greatly helpful in me firming up my choice of what pads to buy!

G

·
My riding mainly consists of track days and some moderate street miles. In the past I have used EBC HH, Galfer HH, Vesrah RJLs and Brembo OEMs.

This is how I would rate them for street use-

1- Vesrah RJL
2- Brembo
3- EBC HH
4- Galfer HH

Vesrahs get my vote due to their predictability. They grab smoothly and only require minimal pressure to work properly. I mainly use these on my track bike and have not experienced any problems with exception to brake fluid boiling (not pad related). Don't even think about the SRJLs for the street.

Brembos (imo) are second on the list only because they work...too good. I cannot brake smoothly when coming to a slow speed stop. They are too grabby (if that's a real word) even with a one finger approach. However, they are phenomenal when braking hard just before entering your favorite turn.

EBC and Galfer HHs are on par with each other. They leave a lot of brake dust and are a step above OEM when combined with braided SS lines. I've used both on the track and street and really do not think high of them when compared to the afore mentioned.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Ferodo Platinums [thumbsup]

Ive used all of the above mentioned pads and a few others. I found the Ferodos to be very good pads for the street and the track.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
ducman851 said:
Ferodo Platinums [thumbsup]

Ive used all of the above mentioned pads and a few others. I found the Ferodos to be very good pads for the street and the track.
+1 Ferodo's are the best pads I've ever used. I prefer the sintergrip or whatever the new CP911s are called, but they're all great pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.