Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now I do have a 999, however a ducati is a ducati, that and there some very smart and informative people in here... also well I like this board to much to go elsewhere (ducati.ms no thx,kthx)

anyways, I was looking to replace my pads because there going out but I was wanting to do Pads/Rotors and Brake lines. With that said Im not flithy rich and dont want to spend 1k on brakes. I do track the bike but its not a full-time track bike (otherwise I'd get the best, most expensive brakes).

I heard that going Ferodo brake pads would be my best bet with some SS brake lines. (I would like new rotors as well that doesn't require replacement calipers) anyone have any input/peferences?

I was looking for a brake/rotor review but didn't come up with much.

edit: I dont care if you ride I monster, I still want your input/advice please. Im here for learning/experinces (sp?)

D

·
0 Posts
I would reccommend some Brembo SBK rotors... I forget the exact name, but they are a stainless mix. They won't immediately rust like iron rotors, but they offer really good performance and look like factory race parts. Pair that up with a set of Carbon Lorraine sintered pads and you will have seriously good stopping without breaking the bank. Your bike already has SS lines, so don't worry about that.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
I put BrakeTech light weight iron rotors on my S4R and I liked it better than the radial mount setup on the S4Rs. Initially, one of the rotors was out a little and I sent them back to BrakeTech and had to ride with the stock rotors until they sent a replacement. It felt like I had gone back to wooden blocks rubbing on the tire. I was so glad to get the BrakeTechs back on the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts