Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately ca-cycleworks is not currently accepting orders, since the owner is apparently sick.. so I checked with my local dealer for brake pads for my 2000 Monster 750.. They had these:

http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/shop/catalog/ducati/img/fa95hh.jpg

The same ones ca-cycleworks have (Same cost too).. There is a warning on the ca-cycleworks page not to use these on cast iron rotors. Are the standard ducati rotors cast iron, and if so, whats with the warning not to use them on these type of rotors? My dealer is recommending these, and they are the only ones he carries. Should I be taking them back or am I OK using them?

I checked the EBC homepage and they have no such warnings.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Lots of people like the EBC HH pads..
but i didnt like them on my SS.
too grabby initially, and loud
i've heard because they are so abrasive they can be hard on rotors too <shrug>

Z

·
0 Posts
I know it varies according to riding style, but what kind of mileage are you guys seeing before you have to replace the stock pads?

·
Registered
668 Posts
My rear pads got changed during my tire change.
They did it , I payed.
All this after 13000miles.
Front pads are still original.

Now You see, I am slow, I brake wrongly, I am nobody ....

But I still love me ! ;D

Skier

M

·
0 Posts
Don't get the 95's!

I have a '00750 as well, and I just got EBC HH pads this week (not on yet). The 95's are for single-pin calipers; if you have a model-year 2000 750 you've got one caliper that fits two-pin pads, which are EBC FA244HH. For us, the extra grabbage shouldn't be a problem (one caliper and all). In theory anyway.

The EBC website has a great chart showing the correct application for all their pads. A lot of distributors have the wrong info.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Unfortunately ca-cycleworks is not currently accepting orders, since the owner is apparently sick.
Sick AND wickedly behind with existing orders. Once I get caught up, I'll "reopen". I'm starting to feel something akin to normal now, thankfully.

:) Chris

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I know it varies according to riding style, but what kind of mileage are you guys seeing before you have to replace the stock pads?
Well I have had 3 sets on my 851 now in 30k but just recently chaged my rear pads from the original ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts