Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted my clip-ons under the triple clamp and now my front brake lines and clutch lines are too long. Does anyone know what size brake lines i need or how to figure out what size i need.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Decide what kind of brake lines you want (2 line or 3 line), buy some plastic aquarium tubing or something similar and fake up a set of lones the way you want them routed, measure that all up and call http://www.cyclebrakes.com and have them make you a custom set of Galfers... That's what I did.

BTW, it's a lot simpler of you go with a 3 line setup, because then there's actually only one measurement to make.

--Fillmorre

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
If you are happy enough with the quality of the original lines, I would take them to a local shop that makes high pressure and hydraulic lines. There's a very good chance they can just shorten the lines and put new ends on. You might take the whole bike over first, and they can tell you for sure; they might even measure for you too.

Be sure to take into consideration the length needed with the forks fully extended. As with many other things, better to be a little too long, than a little too short... ;D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I'd vote for cycle brakes.

They got me a line (custom line) exactly the way I wanted in a matter of 1 day. I had it the next day so I could ride !!

they rock !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts