Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 S2R and the rear brake light does not respond to either the front or rear brake. I checked the 10A fuse, no problem there. I took off the rear light and checked the connection, it looks fine but I don't have a meter to get a reading. I imagine that it is not getting a reading.
Yesterday I noticed the problem and turned around to come back home. Right when I got home, the light started working again, but today it does not. There must be some loose wiring somewhere, just don't know where. Anyone know where the problem might be and how to fix it??

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Try putting a new bulb in there. Ive seen them where the filament will break due to vibration and then due to the same vibrations temporarily reconnect.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought a multimeter for $10, I am going to check the voltage first when i get home today. I'll keep you posted on the output. Thanks

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked the connections, all the wires in the rear get a signal, so it must be the light bulb. Does anyone know were I can get a buld like that? Do i have to go to the dealer or can i just go to walmart or homedepot?Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
You can use any 1157 bulb. Some claim an 1157 LL (long life) lasts longer. Mine doesn't seem to care.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ddub said:
Does anyone know were I can get a bulb like that? Do i have to go to the dealer or can i just go to walmart or homedepot?
Walmart or any local autoparts store will have it.

I've also had problems with my brake light, where only the rear brake lever would activate it.
Turned out, one of the two butt connectors up by the steering head had become corroded.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to Kragen and got a 2057 LL cause it looked the same and it works well. I couldn't really tell what the differance was between the other model numbers, but i'm glad it was an easy fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.