Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97M900 looks like it has a 2 piece rear brake lever. the pin on which my foot applies pressure is coming out of the lever.
how is it fastened? did i loose a bolt?
As per my research at Ducati.com, all of the Duc produced after Y2K have a 1 piece rear brake lever. The parts catalogue on the web is therefore useless. how were the Cagiva models built?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I just took a peek at the lever on my 95.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark,
when i was feeling around, what you described now really makes sense.
i'll be pulling the lever off then, and giving it some taps. hopefully that will solve the problem since i'm not in the market for a $65 lever!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Cool!

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Oh yeah, one other thing. Since some of my ideas actually break parts occasionally, there's another fix if the metal of the toe piece cracks or splits beyond drilling and bolting n place:

Replace the toe piece with a bolt of the right diameter and a couple of nuts as needed. If you can find a stepped bolt like lawn mower wheels are mounted on, only the size of the toe piece - even better. You can probably piece together a bolt arrangement that you can slip the rubber pad onto and it will look almost factory. A well stocked fastener supplier will have some stuff to experiment with.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So, if the soft metal fastener holding on the brake lever can be tightened, can it be removed and replaced? I'd like to replace my brake pedal (yes I dinged it), and would like to know if I can do it myself with the parts.

I fear the metal will come off fine, but be too deformed/weakened to be reused. Or can I thread on a bolt and nut to replicate the fastener?
Rene Carlos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts