Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else here lucky enough to see the show? If I would have known it was going to be as good as it was I would have bought tickets for all three nights. Amazing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
i know that fleedatz and steveg both went... (not together, though.. hahaha)

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
derby said:
i know that fleedatz and steveg both went...
They make such a lovely pair, don't they ?!

;D

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Unbelievable show! I thought the same thing about having wished I'd grabbed tickets for at least one other showing... Then I was ready to buy tickets to the next two venues. Then I came back to my senses. 8)

I had the recurring thought though, "Yeah, right, like that prick Gilmour has something better than this to do tonight..." Would have been so nice if he'd been willing to come along for this one.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Jealous much :mad:

-Dan

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SteveG said:
I had the recurring thought though, "Yeah, right, like that prick Gilmour has something better than this to do tonight..." Would have been so nice if he'd been willing to come along for this one.
I had the same thought, but whoever was rockin' Gilmour's parts did a mighty fine job IMO. [clap]

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Josh S. said:
I had the same thought, but whoever was rockin' Gilmour's parts did a mighty fine job IMO. [clap]
Did a *great* job. I loved that they extended a couple of the solos so he could get some of his own special sauce in there too... very considerate. Being forced to reproduce someone else's solos note for note must be horrible otherwise!

Flee, who was the thursday special guest you alluded to?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I give the show 5 out of seven stars. I would rate it as the best Pink Floyd cover band EVER.

Rogers voice simply can't hold a note at this point, and I didn't appreciate the "smooth jazz" feel he added to some of the Floyd classics.

Highlights for me were hearing the track from Animals, dreamed of hearing that live for YEARS. And of course, Nick Mayson playing the drums during Time...phenominal.....

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from tonight's gig. Still an amazing show, but I don't think it was as good as last year's. Any one else make it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts