Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Re: Bought Arai on Ebay, insurance??

It's going to cost him more than $6.00 to ship the helmet to you, but maybe the seller is not experienced in shipping things. After shipping off more than a dozen Monster Parts over the last three months, I understand shipping costs much better. If it's less than a pound and not too big, it can go Priority Maiil for $3.85. Something heavy like front forks start to approach $30 for shipping. That helmet will likely cost between $10 and $15 to ship.

Of course, if you paid enough for it, losing a few bucks on shipping isn't a big deal. It's when you only charge $10 for something and it costs $14.85 to ship, as happened to me in one case, that it gets painful.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Dude you got a deal (or maybe I got took :mad: )....heck I paid nearly $200.00 more than that for my Arai ReEntry. Yes, I'd purchase insurance if I were you.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yeah, I figure they are closeouts. At first I thought they had to be hot, but the guy had about 20. He had them listed for $230.

I just got an email. The are ship ups ground. Insurance is $1 for $300 coverage. WTF?

I don't know about this. It seems really shadey. I read the ebay policy. As long as I receive the helmet there isn't much I can do.

I have seen a buyer protection thing about paypal, but I can't seem to find out anything about it.

ohh well, back to the search.

·
Registered
447 Posts

I like your ebay screen name!

·
Registered
46 Posts

No, that sounds about right...UPS Ground includes insurance, and their base rate is about $6-$7. Try calling this guy if you're really worried, but he seems legit. ;) It's the sellers who charge a ridiculous amount who make the honest ones seem shady (I bought Keith Code's TotW II for $7, with $2 shipping, and the seller actually paid $5+ shipping Priority...very bizarre, and SWEET. Another sold me an Answer Orbit stem for $7, and didn't charge shipping. Then again, I've also paid $7 (!!!) shipping for a pair of pants! It's all about what the seller wants to charge).

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
What part seems shady?

The guy has over 1000 transactions with 100% feedback. Think about it, how much can happen to a helmet in shipping as long as it gets to you. ;)

Yeah, I figure they are closeouts.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

You're probably OK on this. Lots of good fedback and lots of transactions for this seller. If he's verified on either Ebay or Paypal, they have his bank account verified with an address. They can reverse a payment if necessary.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I am glad ya'll dig the screen name. I was going yo use it on here, but one day I saw an alternate spelling used on a tee shirt, so I figured it might be popular and everybody had already seen it. Plus, I like the Duc-Gasm better. Sometimes people think it says Duc-GusM, but thats ok. Not everyone can have a ducgasm, and some can even have a monster ducgasm.

Thanks guys, you have reassured me about the transaction. I guess there is only one way to find out...

chris

·
Registered
73 Posts

Seems like a great deal.
Good deals on Arais are hard to come by since they disallowed internet sales. But I guess eBay doesn't count.

·
Registered
374 Posts

Good deal on the helmet. Most likely close out. Looks lajit. I doubt Arai will honor any warrenty though. They forbid online sales of their helmets.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Bought Arai on Ebay, insurance?? UPDATE

Must have lost my last reply when the board was down.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

ya i have the same helmet. you will love it but i think spent aroung 460. got it new with the bike .

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: I guess you couldn't hear the clutch before. ;

exactly.

Of course,

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

does anybody own or seen the Arai/Ducati corse helmet? saw one in the local shop, i think it was over 4 bills. seemed steep, but i LOVE the way it looks ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts