Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we did it today. My wife and I bought a 2004 Monster 620 in yellow, her first motorcycle.

I want to thank all the members who helped me out over the last week resolve some of the questions and issues I had with the dealer. (See the following threads:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=forum1;action=display;num=1079213991
http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=forum1;action=display;num=1079351232 for all the gory details).

We were looking at a used 2003 620 with only 1,900 miles on it. The price was $6199. I test rode the bike and really loved it. There were lingering doubts though: the dealer couldn

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Re: Bought a 2004 Monster 620 Today, My Experience

congrats on your purchase and [smiley=waytogo.gif] on your negotiation skills. ride safe and enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

congratulations to you and your wife, send pictures soon! :p

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks guys. ;D If the weather improves we will pick up the bike on Saturday. Unfortunately it's still snowing here and there is more nasty weather predicted tomorrow.:mad:

Once I get the bike I'll post a bunch of pics and give you some impressions.

G

·

Anything special about the 620's ??? I bought a leftover 2001 900 Ducati monster metalic, 0 Miles and full warrenty for $7,100.00 out the door. Now I think that's a sweet deal. Isn't it...?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts

Techno did you get that bike from Nault's in Manchester NH or Valley Motorsports in Mass? Each dealer has an 01 Metallic for about that same price you mentioned.

I assume you're wondering about the price difference between what you paid for a 900 and what Hulked Up paid for a 620? Well you're comparing a 3 year old leftover with a brand new model. Even though yur bike is two steps up in size it is a bike thats been sitting on a showroom floor not making any money for 3 years. Every season it's gotta drop lower in price to be competitive especially now that there's been a 1000DS out to replace the 900.

By the way Hulked_Up, congrats and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks Miles.

Yeah, we paid for a 04 so there was absolutely no discounting the MSRP. Valley has a bunch of leftovers, check 'em out:

http://www.getamotorcycle.com/deale...e=MC&TypeofUnit=ALL&NeworUsed=New&Make=Ducati

The 2001 Metallic 900 has been on the floor for a LONG time and should get a healthy discount.

Technogrunt: I think you got a helluva deal yourself. Unfortunately I wasn't going to be getting any free extras out of the dealership. They didn't even offer an extended warranty. I was interested in an 800, but the $1500 more would have been out of our range. The wife will enjoy a 620 just fine. We also HAD to get yellow (wife's orders). ;D

G

·

i just bought my first bike, a leftover 2003 800 dark. i always loved the monsters, certainly the dark. i paid 6500 including freight and setup. tax and tags extra. it was hard to pass up when you factor in the zero percent financing fom ducati. i had the dealer install a remus carbon fiber high mount system, also the wheels are being painted red. i cann't wait to pick mine up, however the exhaust is on order and the dealer says the painter is " slower than s#!t ". anyway i'm in no ush, we got @ 12 inches of snow tuesday, so teh roads got another coat of road salt. hope you enjoy your new bike. i cann't wait. ;D

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Good deal. No big plans for mods yet. Probably luggage and maybe handlebars. We're gonna keep it stock for a little while and then figure out where to go from there.

Yeah, we're gonna hit those roads with a vengenance (as soon as the snow melts). :-/

·
Premium Member
118 Posts

great choice for her first bike. My fiancee got her 620 in yellow in December and loves it. I find it big fun also. Small nimble and easy.

G

·

Miles, I bought my monster at Naults in Manchester, like I said above $7,100.00 out the door. Part of the reason I got such a deal is because I had bought two Malaguti scooters and my "02" 748 from them. I got a good deal on my 748 Mono too, $10,000.00 last year for that model, so that was only a one year leftover and I saved around $3,500.00.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts