Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my wife was very in love with the 1988 Honda hawk that I pieced together for her but I started feeling guilty since I ride around on a 2004 Vstrom and a 2008 cbr 1000rr. She wanted no part in getting a newer bike because they were all either too big or she would end up with a 250cc bike. Anyway long story short , I found a 2009 696 for 3500 bucks with less than a thousand miles , but had no head light no gauges. eBay baby!!! The bike started up imediately and all it has is a small crack on the right tank cover. It runs absoltely perfect. My wife loooooooooves it and says if I ever pull a tiger woods on her, she keeping the Duc hehehehe. Kidding. I'm joining this list because I know nothing about ducatis except that there expensive. Glad to meet you all

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow! That is a fantastic price!! I am new to the forum as well. My husband just bought me a 2001 750 and we paid 4,000, sounds like you got a steal!! Congrats and welcome..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah!!!! When I came across this deal I couldn't believe it, but I did take a chance because I didn't know if it would start but it looked so new except for the missing gauges and headlight. Anyway, its nice to meet another monster rider. We took the bike out for a sweet ride this weekend and she seems even mor comfortable on this bike than the hawk. Cant wait for the weather to clear up to go for more rides

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Congrats! That is an amazing deal. My wife bought me my 696 as a wedding present, now I can't get her off the things. I'm not complaining though, it just makes me smile knowing she loves to ride.

Congrats!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts