Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting myself some boots for the Holidays.

Its been on my list for a while, and one of my buddies just got off and ended up with his toes facing his ass. He's out of the Hospital now, but this one's going to stay with him for the rest of his life ("The rains a comin', Jonny - I knows it in my foot").

These are the two models I'm looking at - pls don't confuse me with a million different suggestions. If you know of a better boot at this price point, I'll entertain it - but mostly: Any preference given your experience with these models?

I know it's all about personal fit - I'll take care of that part. Importance - 1)Protection 2)Comfort (short ride, long ride, and walking around all day). Don't need your opinion on style - I probably have more than you do ;), and it isn't going to trump the first two anyway.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Axials are comfortable for all day riding. I have not tested them for protection but I think Rossi has...:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have crashed in my D-Axial race boots at Willow and they held up better than expected... No damage to the kevlar inner boot, and only minor scratches on the leather bottom portion.
There is a bolt that connects the top kevlar pivot to the bottom kevlar ankle support that I would suggest checking and tightening when it needs it.

And to add to Moto's reponse, the D-Axial's that you can buy are identical to Valentino Rossi's race boots, except for the art work obviously.

Cheers!

Michael
Dainese D-Store Manager
1645 Superior Ave
Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I've the axial and they feel extremely comfortable riding. I even tried walking with them in the office for awhile and forgot they were on me until my co-worker asked me why I still had my boots on.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Sounds like nobody's had problems w/ the Axials.

Anyone want to chime in on the Sidi's?
Anyone know why one might be better than the other?

Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm a Sidi fan all the way!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts