Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there tried the Alpinestars SMX boots, and if so how does their sizing relate to U.S. shoe sizes? With my motocross boots I always get a larger size than my shoe size in order to accomodate the thick MX socks. How close to my normal size should I go on the street boots? Thanks for any advice. This is a great site!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wear a 10 1/2 shoe, size 44 in an SMX or SMX+. Alpinestars run large if you try to use their conversion from Euro sizing, I wear a 9 in any of their offroad boots.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I wear Alpinestar GPS, a sport touring type. I wear US size 12 and the Alpinestars fit great in Euro 47 which normally equates to about a size 12. Comfortable enough for the whole day.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
My Vans are US 11.5 and my DCs are US 11. My Docs are Eur 45.

My Eur 45 Alpinestars SMX are a tad small, my Eur 45 Alpinestars Tech 8s are just right with MX socks, my Eur 45 Sidi Vertebra IIs are just right, and Eur 45 Sidi On-roads are a tad too big.

The SMX feel OK on the bike, but if I walk around in them much, I start wishing for a 46. I can walk all day in my 45 Sidi Vertebras.

My point is that you're safest if you can try them on first.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I just got a pair of SMX plus Size 42, it fits great. I usually wear US size 9, but it's a little bit loose. I've tried Sidi Vertebras, somehow my feet are between size 42 is a little bit tight and 43 are too loose. I tried on the SMX and it fits perfect. Also, I like the look of the boots. The only thing I don't like is pain in the a$$ to take it off. I also tried on the SuperTech boots, its pretty comfortable and easy to take off and in. Hope this help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I completely lost control of myself and ordered a set of GPS3 Waterproof Alpinestars, size 43. I tried my Alpinestars Tech 6 MX boots with normal socks and decided I liked the fit so I went for it. The GPS boots look like they're easier to get on and off, and maybe if they're waterproof I'll convince myself to ride in the rain (not!). Thanks for all the feedback. I'll post when I get them and let everyone know how they are.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
The GPS 3s look pretty good - looks like a slightly fancier version of the original GPS with the addition of toe sliders and maybe some other features. My basic model GPS's were a little stiff to get on and off until I realized you just have to be a little more forceful and pull the ankle protector back past the zipper to open the boot enough. They broke in really quickly - like less than a week. Love them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts