Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ride to and from work every day. I can't efficiently change clothes once I get here so I pretty much end up having to work in what a wear to ride in. I wear kevlar jeans, either Icon or Oxtar boots and an armored jacket, so I am pretty comfortable with the protection of my feet and upper body, and with the abrasion resistance at street speed for the jeans, but I would like to have some form of impact protection on my legs. Has anyone here used the Bohn armor? Is it reasonably comfortable? Is it too hot to wear all day? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

G

·
I wear them under semi-baggy jeans or khakis when commuting to work. They're easy to get used to as far as comfort goes and do not get too hot to bare. They also saved my ass (literally) when I took a few hard spills while pocket bike racing. Slicks and drizzle are a no no. [laugh]

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I wear the bohn pants and am happy with them, although basically they are a pair of tights with armor in them and do get a little warm. I wouldn't want to wear them all day at work. I would recommend the ICON knee and shin armor. It is like what a baseball catcher wears and goes under your jeans. Much easier to take off and put on than the Bohn.

Check it out:

http://www.newenough.com/armor_icon_field_armor_leg_page.htm

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wear the bohn armor pants under jeans or BMW inotex pants. They're comfortable, and not too obtrusive . Thankfully, i can't tell you how they perform in a crash. But the hip and knee protection makes me feel like i have a better chance against the street. One complaint, the knee pads shift around when i ride, so i'm thinking about adding some kind of strap to keep them more securely centered on the knee. even with this problem, I'd buy em' again. or the T-Pro pants. they look good too, but i have no personal experience with the T-pro.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
light said:
One complaint, the knee pads shift around when i ride, so i'm thinking about adding some kind of strap to keep them more securely centered on the knee.
You might get a pair of those velco straps some of us use to keep our hockey shin pads in place. Work great for hockey pads, might work well here also, though they might be a bit big.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I was able to try on a pair of the Bohn Adventure Pants on yesterday at the store and I just can't imagine those things doing anything for me in a fall. Aside from the fact that the padding is really, really light, the knee pads wouldn't even stay positioned right in normal walking. In an impact, they'd almost certainly move and expose my knees. For $100 more I got a really nice pair of leather pants on sale instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.