Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick search did not provide the expected result, so I am starting another Monster newbie thread:

What about body height on different Monster models? I am 187 cm (I guess that is between 6'1'' and 6'2'' - I'm really not digging the imperial system...) which is not terrible tall but well above average. I have heard and seen from the specs that the Monster is a rather low/small bike but haven't had the chance for a test ride yet.

How tall/small are you? Is your Monster fitting well or did you make any adjustments? What might be the maximum (or for others: minimum) body height that will fit well onto a Monster?

Thanks again for any help!

BTW: I used to ride an '97 Aprilia RS 125 when I was 16. Though the seat height was a little higher than on the Monster it is a pretty small bike. I did not fit perfect but well enough...

·
Registered
240 Posts
The monster is really a compact bike with a short rake that makes it appear to be smaller than comparable bikes. It's not the seat height that matters but rather your in seam. IOW, if you have a longer in seam then the bike will appear shorter and vice versa. Assuming a normal in seam for a person of your height you might want to consider the 1100 or Street Fighter as they both have a higher seat heights than either the 696 or 796.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts