Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a BMC 248/01 for my 05 M1000S even though I never bother to check what was int it (DP King Dragon).

To my surprise the filter didn't fit properly. The seller and BMC told me it must be an issue with the modified airbox. Got a stock one and it didn't fit properly either.

Top-cut air-box:

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Stock air-box:
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Anyone had such an experience?

It is so tight the pleats bent. Both are the same part number. BMC told me they have been using this cast for years without ever having issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the rounded lip goes in the lower half of the airbox. The lack of feedback suggests there must be an issue with the fitler I received.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried that and it didn't fit. The rounded lip on my M1000 (and many other similar models) goes in the lower half of the airbox. This is the modified airbox with the DP filter and the BMC.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design Automotive exterior
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

The BMC was so tight it caused the the top modified airbox to bend upwards. In the stock airbox it does not go in because it is more rigid. The below is the BMC on a brand new lower airbox I have; the lip is in the recess to the right, but has over 5mm to the left.

Automotive lighting Grille Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
where did you order the air filter from? Mine is due for replacement. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts