Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a blue S4r and was told by the dealer that there are only 67 in the U.S. Anyone else heard similar numbers, or are they blowing smoke up my arse?

R

·
0 Posts
My dealer has one. And they were very suprised I did not take it. I almost did. But black is classic. I figure by the time I am done it will look better then the blue. Or crumpled up in a huge ball of metal. Which ever comes first.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
The blue white ones came out first and in San Diego at least 7-8 were sold. By far, they were more common than the black ones.

S

·
0 Posts
yeah , Ducati Marin has sold a few, and has 5 more in crates

I figure the blue's are gonna sell alot more than dark.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i was sold on the blue as well, but it was the white rims
that turned me off. my 851 has white brembo wheels ....
unless you're into massive cleaning after even a short ride,
go with a different color. it looks great clean, but much
more work to maintain.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i was sold on the blue as well, but it was the white rims
that turned me off. my 851 has white brembo wheels ....
unless you're into massive cleaning after even a short ride,
go with a different color. it looks great clean, but much
more work to maintain.
I second that, the white rims got dirty quick--glad I have black ones now. Anybody want to buy my white ones ?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sometimes you have to work for the best things in life. The occasional wash is well worth the kick a$$ look of the white rims in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I love the Shelby looking stripe. I would powder coat the wheels blue, with the white stripes on right side of rims proportional to the rest of the body and go titanium on the exhaust. But that's just me!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Maybe for contrast you could leave em white and put a blue stripe on. How would that look?

S

·
0 Posts
and grey ,red wheels,carbon solo seat also a nice looking S4r
[smiley=waytogo.gif] [smiley=waytogo.gif]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wanted the Blue with white stripe, but went back and it was gone( Chicago Cycle Center). Asked if they had another they said only in black. So I bought the black and love it, It's the classic color for a bike and easy to maintain. Went back for some equipment and low and behold another blue one was on the floor.
Go figure. ;D

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Does someone know if that # of 67 imported to US is accurate? I’m buying one and am very curious as to their rarity.

I also love resurrecting old threads rather than starting a new one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
879 Posts
No idea if that’s accurate, but I’ve seen so many blue ones for sale over the years I have to doubt it until I get confirmation.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts