Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i'm seriously reconsidering my order of the S4rs in favor of a second had S4r in Blue. It's quite an odd color for a Monster so i'd like to see what it looks like once some of you have changed a few things on it. and also pictures taken in diffrent places give a good overall idea of what the bike really looks like.

Go on, post'em up [thumbsup]

·
Registered
225 Posts
Starchild,

Here you go.

2004 S4R.  Full Arrow Ti exhaust, CC clutch and sprocket covers, DP clutch pressure plate, SS clutch springs, CF rad covers, ½ tail chop, CRG levers, Ohlins rear shock, Air box mod, K&N filter, Frame sliders, Rizoma dynamic mirrors.
(Custom machined pieces) Clutch and brake fluid reservoirs, Frame plugs, Radiator covers, Bar ends, Heel guards.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have not ridden the S4Rs so I can't offer any advice. I know the S4Rs has more power but
I still would not trade my S4R for the "RS". I think the S4R still has that "old school" look that I like so much. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have an S4Rs but I would not get rid of my S4R to make that happen.

Hmmmmmmmm,... S4R or S4Rs, it's a nice decision to have.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
making me realize how many photos i don't have online. ah well.

this photo is pre-a bunch of other work that got done on it:

mods:

Evo Clutch Slave
14t front sprocket
CC triple
CC under triple clip-ons
CC frame sliders
CC pressure plate
CC clutch cover
Chopped airbox
Moto-Card
Desmoworld/Spark full exhaust CF
CRG LS bar-end mirrors
CRG shorty race levers
LED integrated brake/tail light
Competition Werkes tail chop
Flightcycles.com custom wire hide

·
Registered
225 Posts
it looks like i will be waiting for the S4rs that i ordered after all
Oh no, you have to settle for the S4Rs, How will you live? ;D

I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm sure you will have a blast on the S4Rs.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you know what, i would just have been proud of myself for buying a used bike and not the top of the line and be happy for once.

i just find that i don't need the S4rs but that's all you can get new here.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I was in Montreal back in 2004 for the GP and there were Ducati's everywhere.
I would have thought that you could have an easy time finding the Ducati that you really wanted, I guess not.

I can ask our two local dealers here if they have a blue S4R? You would have to pay shipping.
I have no idea how much that would be from Calgary.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just called both dealers and they have none in stock. They tell me DNA has only two black S4R's left in stock.

I can check the local bike trader for some used ones if you want.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sorry buddy, no luck. The only one I can find is in Laval, and I think it's the same one you were looking at. I will keep my eyes open and let you know what I find.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well Starchild you may just be in luck. ;D I recently finalized the trade of my Stock Blue/white 2004 S4R for a White/Red 2007 S4RS that's due to arrive in late May 2006. ;D My bike is an extremely clean and and low mileage example. (apx. 2,600 miles on the clock.) :eek: If you seriously would rather have a nice Blue/White S4R, then this is probably the bike for you. [thumbsup] She was broken in by the book and runs extremely strong. >:D All maintenance has been performed by the dealer, (I am an over the road truck driver and have very little time to perform my own maintenance and still have time to ride). If you are interested in my bike, you can contact me directly or my dealer. All of my contact information is listed in my "DML profile", and my dealer can be reached @ (405) 943-2691 "BMW / DUCATI Motorcycles of Oklahoma" Their website is:www.bmw-okc.com

I am currently riding this bike until the S4RS arrives. [cheeky] So if you you really want an S4R in Blue/White over the S4RS you have on order just let me know. ;D

I also believe that my dealer also has the full termingioni High mount carbon power kit with cams (dm#96445304B) in stock now. [thumbsup] >:D [thumbsup] I had ordered it over 2mths ago, and it finally arrived the day after the trade was finalized. It never got to be installed, :'( I applied the balance I had paid, toward the S4RS' balance which with the mods. I have ordered for it, was a healthy chunk of change even @ 20% off as part of the package deal.

Would love to see this bike get a loving home with a fellow DML'R, She's a real sweet heart who never let me down, and always put a shiit eating grin on my face. >:D ;D I'm really going to miss her! [snif] [snif] :'( The S4RS was just the better package for me @ this time. ;) [thumbsup]

Sincerely Stephen Pappas OKC, OK. USA. "Shadowchaser" ;D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts