Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow is it as windy there as it is up here?
might be hard to turn on the canyon roads if it stays like this up here.
hmmmm....who rents windsurfers.... :eek:

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
No wind here...

I live in the official 'Inland Empire' wind tunnel. I believe that all wind is created in Riverside.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No wind here...

I live in the official 'Inland Empire' wind tunnel. I believe that all wind is created in Riverside.

it has to be a good 30 knots up here at the moment....well okay 25.

I also appreciate the irony of your post affirming your statement ;D
So what is everyone up to today? Still hitting Palomar this week-end?

·
Registered
849 Posts
It's been real windy here in Venice since last night. The Duc's up on the rear stand for today's tire change, and it's about to be blown over....

-R.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Windy here at the base of Little Tujunga....But I think I may fly out to Valencia and run Bouquet Canyon to San Francisquito Canyon..... We'll see how brave I get to stay out there.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Wind picked up shortly after I posted....upon review, my post did read funny. ???

I'm planning on doing Palomar tomorrow, dunno if anybody else is. Nobody committed yet on the thread.......

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm back and IT WAS BUTT NAKED FREEZING COLD, out in Leona Valley.
I was checking the temp on my bike at different intervals,
Santa Clarita 164 degrees
Leona Valley 146 degrees

That was keeping it at a good clip most of the way. Bike ran awesome, but even with my thermals on I was looking forward to a warm shower.

I have to work tomorrow so that was my ride for this month......Be safe Nick, I noticed the cold made me not pay as close attention to my riding skills.

Rob

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
It's been quite windy all evening. I think I saw Dorothy and Toto fly past the window.....

Typical Riverside November, if it's not burning or raining, it's blowing big time.

DucSeven, thanks for the caution. Last weekend's ride was cold, this one looks like it's going to be cold too, and windy to boot.

Stopped at SportChalet tonight and got a balaclava and a 'turtleneck gaitor'. Felt pretty cozy on the ride home, so I'll see how it works tomorrow. Noticed that last week Retro was using a balaclava...he just got here from the Frozen North, so it must be a good idea.

I think I see a Widder Electric Vest in my near future...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it was a good idea to bring the balaclava..I never thot I would need it here.

Have a great ride tomorrow, I can't seem to stop working
on this damn computer so my rides for now have to stay on the short side, but I am very envious of all going.
I can't believe I am working with all these roads here to explore.
Especially after seeing the Palomar video....

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
It's not too late, you can still come along.

The computer will still be there on Monday...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts