Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, when I go to turn on my blinkers...they don't always work.

I've checked the wires and they are all intact. When I click left...I'll maybe get a single blink...then that's it. When I click right...they will blink...sometimes. Any ideas? Maybe my little switch is dead?

I have aftermarket blinkers on...not sure if they will cover me under warranty. :(

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adam in MO said:
your blinker fluid is probably low. You can pick some up at most auto-zone's.
LOL.

No seriously though.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
do you know the make/model/type of the aftermarket blinkers?

... it may help narrow down the type of fluid you need. Just kiddin'... but seriously.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
the "Zero" is an LED blinker. Most likely it's a resistor problem. Dealer probably won't help you unless they're the ones that installed them.

Your best bet is to look up the resistor spec for those blinkers and replace the resistors. I'll do what I can to find something for you.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Adam in MO said:
the "Zero" is an LED blinker. Most likely it's a resistor problem. Dealer probably won't help you unless they're the ones that installed them.

Your best bet is to look up the resistor spec for those blinkers and replace the resistors. I'll do what I can to find something for you.

Either that or call NAPA and ask if they have an electronic flasher. They do if the clerk can find it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Contact Mike at PJ's parts for the correct resistors if you don't have them already. PJ's rocks. I have the zeros too and they function without issue (so far).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As far as I knew, all the resistors did was get them to blink at a slower rate. The faster rate of blink didn't bother me. I should also note that these 'lights' have been on my ride for a few months now.

I guess I can give the resistors a try...cheaper than replacing the little switch in the handlebar thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts