Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, the super sport is basically a faired monster. I'm aware I should just get one of those if I want fairings. Well, I'm on a budget and i got my 2009 696 for an awesome price in perfect condition and want to fair it. Does anyone have any experience fitting a full fairing on a monster? What is the best platform to start with.

IE should I stick some 999, 796, 998, 1199 or other fairing on the bike. Which would be the most compatible?

Thanks in advance for any info

I'm just trying to get people to stop me and tell me my bike looks amazing. Don't judge me :LOL:

·
Registered
870 Posts
No, nobody does. Nobody.
An SS is not a ”faired Monster” . They share very little besides engine. Riding position is totally different.
Try something like a Plexifairing, they are universal fit and work pretty well. I put a taller windscreen on my S4RS , and can tell you that is not a solution. The stock mini fairing is not strong enough to handle a higher windscreen and shakes uncontrollably. If I rode on the highway much it would shear right off.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Any Ducati fairing will cost a bunch and not fit anyway without a lot of work. Your Monster would not look amazing, it would look amazingly goofy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen some pics of cheap chinese fairings on a monster 1100 that looked incredible, so I thought it might be an option

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow, That really doesn't even look like a monster, plus with the clip-ons its probably a totally different riding experience. It looks like a hell of a lot of work went into that to make it as good as it does look.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been a full time fabricator and erector for 2 years now so I have the skill, I just need the materials. I honestly think this could be done in a day or two

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have to admit, it doesn’t look bad. Aftermarket fairings would be the way to go, price wise.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a set of full fairings from China on Ebay for 400 bucks plus 50 shipping. If I end up doing it I'll do a full write up guide

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately my financial aid came through 895 USD short of tuition. So unless anyone wants to donate their old 999, 748, or 998 fairings I dont think its gonna happen for awhile

1 - 14 of 14 Posts