Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having taken the advice of DML members, it seems more logical to plan out my finished vision of the monster rather than just buying mod after mod without any direction in mind. One aspect of the vision is to black out the motor and basically everything I can. I have seen some bikes, such as this aprils featured bike, with an engine that looks predominatley black. Is there a process to change it's color or is it just a matter of replacing all the parts with aftermarket black parts? Any info would be much appretiated. Has anybody ever seen black forks?

G

·
yeah, there is black engine paint that you can use. its basically high temp paint. You can have everything powder coated by taking it apart, or simply mask everything of, and use this spray paint. I just got done doing mine not too long ago.

Yes, you can get "black forks". Its a black ceramic finish which runs baout $400 to get the inner tubes done. the legs can easily be powder coated

·
Banned
551 Posts
At the risk of starting a new thread - has anyone sprayed their engine to match the original paint. I have one section that is peeling and want to sort it out before it gets out of hand.

Anyone have tips on the original color - and paints that match it?

Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Here is an interesting set up. Blue anodized tubes and lowers, DLC sliders not ceramic by the way but a metallic electrostatic vapor deposition process. The inners on these forks are pretty trick as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts