Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 620 dark, and had a problem with the instrument cluster. The original was the black and grey with amber lights. The dealer replaced it with an all black with green lights(with out even asking me if it was ok) . Anyone know what the all black cluster is from? Also,They didn't reset the milage , so I'm starting back at 0 miles instead of the actual 700 or so . Is there a way to reset the correct milage?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Re:

My '03 M800 has the black faces with green lights, so I'm guessing you got the newer gauge cluster.

I'd also like to know about the mileage though.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Re:  black out Instrument gauge

AFAIK, BigBrother is_really_narrow minded about odometers being "adjustable", as they tend to get set incorrectly lower by unscrupulous types.

·
Registered
117 Posts

usually brand new clusters allow the mileage to be set once by connecting diagnostic equipment to it. At least this is the case with cars with digital odometers

·
Premium Member
451 Posts

Just add 700 in your head. Just think when you sell it you may get an extra 50

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts

I have 8400 miles on '03 M800 and don't really want it to be reset when my new gauges come in. I'm going to have to check up on this one...

·
Registered
195 Posts

On my first cluster replacement (new gauges DOA but odometer works), they did set it forward to the mileage showing on the old cluster, so clearly it's possible.

dark620: Do you not like the looks of the new black/green cluster, or is it just the principle of the thing that bothers you? I ask because if it actually looks OK, I might see if my dealer can get me one'a them - since I've been waiting for a couple months now for grey replacement #3 to arrive.

I'm a little surprised to find that the cluster interchanges between the '02 and '03. Does anyone know if this is true for the 750/800 as well as for the 620?

Also, anyone have a cluster failure (not fogging, failure) on an '03 bike?

M.

D

·
0 Posts

Chaf,
I was scooting down the rode one night and noticed my instrument panel wasn't working (no light no dials), except the high beem indicator. But i pulled off the rode and flipped the switch a couple of times and it came back on. No incidence since.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I called the dealer today to follow up and they told me there was no way to set it, but I am not impressed with the quality of service from them. CHAF yes it was more a matter of principle , what year monster and size do you have? I am trying to figure out what gauge the all black is for it seems as though it is used on the 800 and not 620 for 2002. Are you having trouble getting a replacement in Grey. the gauge had a manufacture date of 2/02 on it.My dealer 's reply was "this is what they sent " so basically this is what you get. which is rediculous. this is a freakin Ducati , we spent all this money for a prestigous fine Italian motorcycle and we have to put up with SH*TTY american service!!!Besides the fact that it is against the law to mess with odometer readings! but to answer your question I actually like the all black guages , they look better with the whole DARK motif.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Re:

Somone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe that 800 wasn't introduced until the '03 model year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts