Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an '01 monster 900 and it has a sizable dent on the right side of the tank. About a year ago, i was looking online at a monster and the guy selling it had put a black fuel tank cover on and it even read 'Ducati' on the sides. It was a very snug fit - at first I thought it was the tank itself without a cover. Does Anyone know where I can find one?? I want to cover up the dent. If not, I'm thinking of buying another tank - anyone know where I can find a fuel (used preferrably to save money) tank? I searched high and low for both online and came up with nothing. Ebay had a few superbike tanks but nothing else. I tried ducati's website and couldn't even get to their parts catalog. thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
yeah, I'd recommend repairing it too as Nate (or we also have a sponsor, speedzone paint that gets good reviews too) can braze the tank hinge which has a tendency to leak and he can POR15 the inside, you end up with a tank that's better than new

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Gotta say, a Frosty's Finishes repair that includes the hinge reinforcement and POR 15 treatment do make economic sense compared to buying the cover from Bagster and still having a dented tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts