Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through some old custom sportbike mags not too long ago and seen some people doing wheels and whatnot in different very shiny powdercoat colors.
It looks like they're chroming things and then using a translucent powdercoat on top of it. Is this how this works or is it just me ? Don't seem like the powder would stick to the chrome very good since it's so slick. I thought it might be kinda neat to do a frame like that, but with black, instead of just straight powdercoating it black.
Any FHE or ideas ??

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
grubbywarrior said:
I was looking through some old custom sportbike mags not too long ago and seen some people doing wheels and whatnot in different very shiny powdercoat colors.
It looks like they're chroming things and then using a translucent powdercoat on top of it. Is this how this works or is it just me ? Don't seem like the powder would stick to the chrome very good since it's so slick. I thought it might be kinda neat to do a frame like that, but with black, instead of just straight powdercoating it black.
Any FHE or ideas ??
Contact "Classic Components" in Santa Ana. I seen several examples of there work and it looks great.
http://www.classiccomponents.com/powdercoating.htm

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:eek:525 bucks for a pair of wheels ? I'd hate to see what a frame would cost .if I coud just get my frame powdercoated straight black for $100 I'ma do that instead and tinker with accents or some stuff I can do myself for really cheap with an airbrush and time. If I'ma spend that much on wheels I'll just go by some marchesini's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.