Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've drawn plans for a billet hoop like the ones Rizoma and others used to make and am having it costed out by a local fabricator. If anyone's interested in having one made, please PM me. Options probably will include raised initials or other simple art (e.g., Ducati logo).

Note that only the aluminum part of the hoop will be made. The buyer will have to remove the upper bushings and lower rod ends from the old hoop and install them on the new one. Or I'll do it if you send me your old unit.

Will post the price as soon as I have an estimate from the fabricator.

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts
I'm interested. I know you said PM and I will, but I'm curious. Can this person also make the suspension rocker arm that this hoop connects to at the top? The rocker arm? Specifically like the one's that came on the 888's that were adjustable, as they had eccentric mounting points at both the hoop mount and the top shock mount? To increase/decrese ride height as well. Just a thought
Sending PM.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I would be interested too, but would prefer it to to have some adjustability beyond that of the stock hoop. Basically, a way to raise the rear end more than you can with stock one. If you need any help let me know as I an engineer. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would also be interested in one anodized a deep gold color, no initials, logos or other mumbo jumbo.

Of course these will be strong enough for the application, right? I'm guessing there is a difference between milling something out of a chunk of cheap recycled soda can billet aluminum, and finding the "right" billet aluminum and cut into a structure strengthened for the application.

As far as adjustability, I **think** if you provide more threads in the legs of the arm you can get more rear ride height adjustability with longer heim joints.

Keep me posted!

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
+1 on interest for this hoop, anodizied natural alu my choice of finish.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Just a heads up.

All monsters from 1993 to 2001 (except the 2001 S4) used the same hoop to connect the swingarm to the rocker arm of the suspension. So regardless of engine size this part will be the same. And as long as your bike is a 2001 or older (except for the 2001 S4) you can use this part.

HTH ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
2001cromo said:
Just a heads up.

All monsters from 1993 to 2001 (except the 2001 S4) used the same hoop to connect the swingarm to the rocker arm of the suspension. So regardless of engine size this part will be the same. And as long as your bike is a 2001 or older (except for the 2001 S4) you can use this part.

HTH ;)
just what im looking for

any news????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.