Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has tried a billet clutch slave cylinder, and how well do they work and what kind. Took a motorcycle safety class today my hand was killing from all the clutch action i was doing.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I have the Evoluzione clutch slave cyclinder. It works wonderfully. No more hand cramps.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've got the Yoyodyne slave. I am very happy with it. Combined with a CRG lever, the pull-action is very smooth, although I wouldn't say that effort is significantly reduced. I had the same problem as you when I first got my monster, but in short time, I got used to it.

S

·
0 Posts
I don't know about a clutch slave, but I had this problem also when I started riding. The more you ride, the better it gets. You have to get used to using those muscles. I even bought a hand grip exerciser. But I suppose the Billet Clutch Slave would be cooler. Also, the MSF course requires a LOT of shifting, you probably won't be doing that much constant shifting on normal rides.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the Evoluzione also and it works very well. Far from effortless but definitely an improvement. I do agree that your hand strengthens over time, but an uprated slave cylinder gives you a useful head start.

S

·
0 Posts
I have a CRG lever set and a Pro Italia slave cylinder. The stock set up provided a heavy clutch lever action, almost approaching the cable clutch I had on another bike. The new set up greatly reduced the lever force required and there is no way I would consider going back.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I've done the mod on my S4 and I agree with iamic that it is not what I would call a significant reduction but it helps. I also used to use the #4 position on my levers and now to find neutral consistently I need to use the #2 postition. Mine is the same one Moto has listed and that is a great deal! Grab one.
P.S. my riding course killed me too and it also convinced me to go up 2 teeth in the rear.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I went with the EVO unit. simple install, works flawlessly.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey! I've got a cheaper alternative! Come to my house, you can stay with me for a few days (or weeks) and feed cows, after bucking 8-10 tons of hay every morning, a little stiff clutch pull will seem like childs play! I'll even let you do it for free! It's a limited time offer! Don't wait! :D

O

·
0 Posts
the clutch pull on my monster, is easier than on my wife's XR 200... on the street she rides a 75 XS 650 with Barnett springs, she doesn't complain.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
i have used, tried, and sold the three US versions and only the Yoyodyne has been 100% reliable after more than a hundred units sold (by me).

i tried another popular maker that offers OEM slave cylinders and got a 50% failure rate out of the first batch. as a value added bonus, one of them went to singapore, so that was extra shipping i got to eat. said manufacturer had no comment on the situation other than to blame the customers bikes. note that replacement yoyodyen clutch slave cylinders worked perfectly...

also, with yoyodyne, should the customer experience a failed clutch throwout bearing and this ruins the clutch slave, yoyodyne will replace it at 50% off. even though the failure has nothing to do with the clutch slave.

the yoyos are spendy, but sometimes, you get what you pay for.

:) chris

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've got an evol unit and have had no problems. The pull is noticeably less but, on my S4, still pretty stiff. When I first put it in I had a tough time finding neutral while the lever was in position 4 so I used postion 3 with no problem. Now it works fine in postion 4 as well.

Borg Girl

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the info. It will be one of my next upgrades i do to the bike. Now CPT.STEUBING I get plenty work out everyday being a Drill Sgt for an AIT Company cant let them Privates beat me on physical fitness.

·
Registered
376 Posts
That'd be embarassing eh? ;D I can't believe that I didn't get any takers. ???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts