Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
starter turns, battery is charged, kill switch is off, kickstand is up, plenty of fresh fuel, engine won't fire up. chugga chugga chugga... but nothing else. it's been a progressive problem that started a week ago.

i thought the engine was flooded the first time because after waiting overnight, it started up. it seems if i don't get it to start on the first attempt, then it doesn't start on successive attempts.

Now it doesn't start at all no matter how long i wait. I haven't had the valves adjusted, so i'm going to do that this weekend, and i'm going to check the sparkplugs tonight. i'm also going to check the solonoid thing that i read about as well.

Is there something else i should check or could be the problem?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was it on the tank side or the engine side? i hope that's all it is...

Omar

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
umm, i haven't changed the fuel filter ever... guess i should do that. ::) i'll have to learn all about this stuff for this weekend. how hard is it to get inside the fuel tank?

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
Reverief1 said:
umm, i haven't changed the fuel filter ever... guess i should do that. ::) i'll have to learn all about this stuff for this weekend. how hard is it to get inside the fuel tank?

the only time you will wish you had small hands. [laugh]

·
Registered
393 Posts
How do you know the fuel filter is bad?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
11,000 miles

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.