Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Can you get a license plate # I can have a friend of mine check if the bike made it on the stolen list! :eek:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll keep my eye out for it.

I think the combination of a two-way paging alarm, and my HK USP .45 will curb the desire to steal my bike.
Latest update: Those guys actually BROKE the steering lock (hence the parts on the floor) and rolled it down a ramp at the garage to start the bike and rode it away. It's all caught on tape, those dumbshxts! Let's see if the cops will even look at it.

If it's too far away from you the paging system doesn't work, it also doesn't go through walls. Same for the guns...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way Well_armed, which paging system do you use? Could you post a link please? I can at least put it on (if it doesn't interfere with the bike's immobilizer) and give the pager to the office managers (a few cuties who I get to know well enough).

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I have the compustar 2wssas for my car also...

It does have awesome range, but they exaggerate the 1.25 mile claim a little I think... It will work best with line of site, or without it withing .25 miles.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
BTW, I use a wheel (disk brake) lock.

Anyone have any experience having a bike stolen with one of those on it?

B

·
0 Posts
it seems to me that any group of theives with a truck that can lift the bike can get past a disk lock.

if they want your bike bad enough, they'll get it.

W

·
0 Posts
it seems to me that any group of theives with a truck that can lift the bike can get past a disk lock.

if they want your bike bad enough, they'll get it.
Yep.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Latest update on bike theft

Latest update from my friend:

"Basically, I went through all the tapes collected to footage and it was good.....not great.....but good. With a little enhancement on the police end of things, I think we will have a license plate and faces. The police however are a pain. They got the footage never looked at it and never even assigned a detective to the case. They said they get to many thefts to deal with. SOOOO I made a fuss and the chief assigned a detective to my case and said she would at least look at the tapes. BASICALLY I am not gonna get much help from the police unless there is a big sign on my bike somewhere that says " I AM STOLEN" :( I haven't decided whether or not to buy another one but I have time to think about it."

Needless to say I am telling him to get a Monster...

BTW, it's a red CBR600 with a license plate frame that says "I don't ride fast, I fly low". If you see it call someone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts