1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R

·
0 Posts
It can depend if you have spools or not, but the Pitbull I bought works both ways. The ends flip around to go under the swingarm or take spools. If no spools then the Standard, if you want to go both ways then the SS.
I think you would run into trouble with the headers on the Sears stand but you could fab something to make it work, better if it bolted to the engine. I would would worry about tipping. I'm kinda clumsy.
I always wanted to buy a air lift stand myself.

D

·
0 Posts
So, do most people use pit bull? do I need spools? what are the pros/cons?

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
The stand from Sears wont work on the Monster (or any Ducs)
(i have one for our dual-sports, got it from Kragen Auto for like $60)

The exhaust header runs along the bottom of the engine, and even if you take that off...the bottom of the engine doesnt have a good flat spot to attach to.

Pitbulls are considered the best (and cost more) spools are more secure than pads. (you can get a rear with reversable attachements that can use either)
Handy Stands are cheap and get the job done. you can get a front and rear for the price of 1 Pitbull.
I have stands from Kowa Tools, they are somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have one of those craftman atv/motorcycle jacks for my quads (ATVs) and it would not work on our monsters it will work only on bikes with frames like the Harley's.
before we bought a rear stand for my wife's bike (steel swing arm, no spools) we used my rear stand , is a Pitbull with reversable pad/spools and it work great on both bikes, I have the "S" version, aluminum swingarm with spools.
For her bike we found a rear stand with pads on sale at Cycle-gear for $69.00(can't remember the brand is MOTO....something), good quality but not as good as my Pitbull.
The monster with the spools "feels" more secured when is on the stand.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I like my pitpull stand, it's built well. I have had my bike on the rear stand (with spools) and ran the bike up to 3rd gear while on the stand. (just to test the clutch when it was snowing outside, I didn't do any 8000 rpm dyno runs on it...) I have finally mastered how to use the stand solo!

I ordered mine from pitbull.com and shipping was only $12

·
Registered
392 Posts
I got a Pit Bull for mine and it was only a little more that the other stands i saw, but I think it's a really good stand. It seems very strong and from people i know who race they say they'll take alot of abuse.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I got the Big Mike stand by Power Stands from Parts411.com That are sweet & built as good if not better than any other stands that I have seen. Definately worth checking out.

T

·
0 Posts
I have the stands from Handy Industries and they work just fine. Although, every time I use them I think of Handyman from In Living Color.

Up Up and Away!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts