Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I am having issues with my 2016 Monster 1200s just trying to get it on the road after storing it for the winter. Bike starts right up but stalls as if the kick stand was down when I put it into gear. I have already replaced the kickstand switch so that's not it.

I have had the rear tire up and put it into 1st and their is no issue, bike doesn't stall. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I am totally frustrated.
Thanks

·
Registered
889 Posts
Since it sat all winter just try bleeding it before anything else. Wet clutch, right ? Plates might be sticking together. A Bonzai start or two will fix that.😁

·
Registered
4 Posts
When it's on the rear lift stand... An you pull in the clutch, put 1st gear,... Keep clutch fully engaged does the rear wheel spin? If the rear wheel is spinning jn gear with clutch engaged you need to either or both:
*Replace the hydraulic wiring fluid/ bleed it out properly. Might be getting air bubbles and have a spongy engagement not disengaging the discs.
*Less likely because the bike is pretty new, (how many miles btw). The clutch discs have a gear holster. The gear holster has a shock impact absorb assembly, properly known as "parastrappi". This jolt absorption assembly might be damaged. It consists of strong small springs that parallel the discs. (no not the engage resistant springs those are perpendicular to the discs).
How to diagnose and address this last piece is a lenghty write-up ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm excluding another most obvious.... The clutch discs are worn out completely and no longer disengage someone mentioned on this string that they're stuck... That could be because theyre too worn, and or as you parked on its rear stand only (never do that, use front AND rear) if engine oil was low it bled front ward and clutch got dry...
That should cure... Put it in sun sidestand sloping rear tire lower say on a driveway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When it's on the rear lift stand... An you pull in the clutch, put 1st gear,... Keep clutch fully engaged does the rear wheel spin? If the rear wheel is spinning jn gear with clutch engaged you need to either or both:
*Replace the hydraulic wiring fluid/ bleed it out properly. Might be getting air bubbles and have a spongy engagement not disengaging the discs.
*Less likely because the bike is pretty new, (how many miles btw). The clutch discs have a gear holster. The gear holster has a shock impact absorb assembly, properly known as "parastrappi". This jolt absorption assembly might be damaged. It consists of strong small springs that parallel the discs. (no not the engage resistant springs those are perpendicular to the discs).
How to diagnose and address this last piece is a lenghty write-up ...
bike has less than 700 miles on it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Your clutch plates may be stuck together from sitting, but until you bleed the clutch you won’t know if that’s it or not. Can you put the bike in gear with clutch lever pulled in and then start it ? If you can, then you can warm the bike up while working the clutch lever and the clutch might free up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts