Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Bike Set Up At Chassis Dynamics

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Stacked 
#1 ·
I had two bikes set up at chassis dynamics today <ktm 625 smc and bmw r1200s> i will get my monster done there soon as well, and have nothing but praise for their work. I highly recommend u guys try it, big difference :)

#3 ·
#7 ·
Stacked said:
I had two bikes set up at chassis dynamics today <ktm 625 smc and bmw r1200s> i will get my monster done there soon as well, and have nothing but praise for their work. I highly recommend u guys try it, big difference :)
What's something like that cost? What suspension upgrades do you have on your various bikes? Is it worth it for a bone-stock suspension?

-Dan

#9 ·
+11ty billion, Dave is a no BS hilarious fellow, I just had my stock suspension set-up there...no ride report as of yet, but he dialed it in and when I went over a freaking driveway (after offloading the bike), it was like night and day...I mean ridiculous difference in just a put-put. I'll be back...

#13 ·
DucEnthusiast said:
wow, your hard earned poker dollars @ work

I was always under the impression proper tuning required feedback from actual street or track use?
Perhaps, but it has to start somewhere, no? I mean, adjusting rider height, preload , sag, rebound (not in the know, really) can be/ is done whilest the bike is static...as in based on weight and rider preferences? As for poker, I don't play, but I do know someone that has raked in over 18,000 in online winnings this year...hmmmmmm. RST got his Monster did here (CD)...and has had adjustments done on his race/track bikes as well out at the track...anyone else want to chime in?

#14 ·
joekarati said:
...anyone else want to chime in?
Sag (preload) is something that can be done while the bike is static becaus it is entirely based on rider weight & bike weight (providing the bike is sprung correctly of couse, however I belive you can work around not-quite-perfect springs by tinkering with the oil and compression), but in my experience (and from what I've read) compression and rebound are based on feeling. I've been playing around with them lately (at the track) and even then it varies by temp, tires and even mood. It's about being comfortable. With that said, there is definitely a zone to be in. There are quite a few books on the topic and a handful of informative articles online as well.

here's an informative site: http://www.gostar-racing.com/club/motorcycle_suspension_set-up.htm

#16 ·
re. compression and rebound, (my very limited knowledge = ) ^^what matt said. that said, chassisdynamicsDave does adjust these things to feel, while you're on the bike. my point is that this is what he does all day every day; his feel is going to be a hell of a lot better than mine. he spent a good while bouncing the bike around with me on it, making tiny adjustments.. i couldn't technically tell you if they were the right ones but after the first time i rode the bike i can say for sure they were. or at least it was FAR better than when i went in there.

i'm sure this is stuff you can learn and be able to do for yourself (minus sag). but knowing diddly about it and/or needing a solid baseline, dave is awesome. he also has a crazy advanced bike measuring/geometry thing; it's like NASA in there for bikes. that's his main business.

#17 ·
I'll do it for 1/2 the price! HA! :p ;D [laugh]

I'm totally kidding, btw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.