Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I am new to this Group. I want to buy Boots for Bike Riding can anyone Help me in buying the boots which boots are good for Bike riding?

Thank You

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wilson, it depends on what your goals are. I would suggest your first goal would be safety. In broad terms, that means you should specifically buy from the motorcycle boots category at a place like revzilla or cyclegear. Amazon prices are enticing, but you never know who the fulfilling retailer actually is. Next, we should consider where you are in the world and if temperature will play a factor. Next, what kind of rider are you? We are not certain if you are off road, semi off road, or like me, weekend warrior. As a general piece of advice, here is what I recommend: Pay as little as possible for a respectable brand. Spend some time getting to know the product, then next, pay more for what you really want. Two step approach. Best wishes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You get what you pay for, so cheap boots are just that…cheap. I just bought a pair of these. Easy on/easy off due to the side zipper and they’re waterproof. I like a boot that’s not big & clunky and is comfortable to walk in. Of course, these are just for the street and I’m not a track guy.
75EE2D9C-6A55-4F5A-8093-95522DFA810D.jpeg

·
Registered
197 Posts
how much walking you planning to do. the more structure in a boot means more safety. more structure in a boot means more skibooting. you gonna ride in the rain.
i only wear sidi(s).
sport for when i am wearing leathers
sport casual when riding with friends
2 sport casual shorties for city
2 waterproof stompers for my triumph or in the wet
search on ankle injuries
also taller boots really help when you get hit by rocks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello there, everyone.

After much hunting, I have finally found the best boots for me that are both comfortable and safe. So I went out and bought a pair of Rockrooster boots. They are high-quality, waterproof, slip-resistant, and include a steel toe to safeguard your feet. If you want to place an order, you can do so from here.8" Work Boots | Best 8 inch Work Boots | RockRooster Footwear

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wilson, friend, careful! The RockRooster looks fantastic, but you are ignoring a key safety aspect. Proper riding foodwear will have a circular element to protect you from some modes of impact or sliding injury. Stay safe and best wishes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello there, everyone.

After much hunting, I have finally found the best boots for me that are both comfortable and safe. So I went out and bought a pair of Rockrooster boots. They are high-quality, waterproof, slip-resistant, and include a steel toe to safeguard your feet. If you want to place an order, you can do so from here.8" Work Boots | Best 8 inch Work Boots | RockRooster Footwear
I’ve got a nice pair of used size 10 US SIDIs for $95. All the details on the boots and a bunch of other riding gear and other Monster stuff is listed here:

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you wear a boot with laces, tie them off to the outside of your leg. Not in the middle of the shoe like usual.
Unless you want to get the laces caught in the controls and fall over at a stop.
Trust me, you don't. ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Be careful with steel toes too. In certain crush situations they can actually be more dangerous. Steel bends and can sever your toes. I’m no subject matter expert but there is probably a reason moto specific boots aren’t steel toed.

Im not an ATGATT guy (probably should be) so I’ve got no judgment for wearing work boots on the bike. I wear my Danners on mine all the time. They aren’t coming off in a crash and have ample abrasion resistance but they have zero crush protection. I have A*’s riding shoes and even though they look almost identical to my Vans I promise they are better than my work boots.

if you are sold on a work boot, go for it but maybe think about no reinforcement in the toe or a composite toe.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have an older pair of A Star in euro size 43, with brand new soles put on by A Star.
Good boots, but don't fit as good as my Z Custom made boots. So have not been worn in a few years.
Good price to a good home, especially if you are local and try on and pick up.
Pics if you are interested. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
i would rather ride in running shoes than work boots. save money on your groceries not your boots

1 - 12 of 12 Posts