Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey good peoples,

How about we start scheduling our bike portrait dates? Equipment wise I'm ready to do it. I needed to buy a spare battery and some background support, and that's taken care of.

Now it's just a matter of figuring out when is a good time for us. How does Wed 27th or Thurs 28th work for you guys? First and foremost, of course, this would have to work for Swanny... but please, everyone that want's their bike photographed please start chiming in, so we can "confirm" this whole deal. If weekdays are not good for ya, please say so (I work weekend evenings, but I might be able to get a day off if I know ahead of time).

Anyway, this sunday I will shoot Mr. Ducandcover's bikes, and I'm as happy as a kid in a candy store. [thumbsup]

André

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Those two dates are not workable for me, sorry to say. Anytime after that, though, will work perfectly... Sorry to be a pain.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Both of those dates work perfectly for me. I have nothing at all going on either day. If people what their bike shot then they are welcome to schedule a time with Andre and come on over. I will have beverages and food for everyone.

N2F, If you want pics of your bike take you are welcome to drop it off before the shoot and then pick it up afterwards. I promise not to do anything to your bike like I did DucTape's ;D

Swanny

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Andre, not sure if you're addressing the question to me or not (if not, ignore away!) but between Alan's mom and my folks back home, I'm completely out of the picture (hmmm, punny?!?) until Thursday afternoon, late. Everyday after that 'till the 16th of January I'm free (new semester starts...)

I've got several new CF parts on the Monster that I think could be a nice challenge for you so I definitely want to try and have you give it a shot (my garage tho, is pretty un-workable at this point I'm sorry to say...) I'd really like to use one as my avatar since this IS the DML after all [laugh]

Have a terrific holiday, y'all ;D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
AndreRA3 said:
In that case, how would Tues 2nd work for you both?

I'd like to have the bike owners present so I can get a few portraits as well...
If the 2nd works for more people then I will make it work for me.

Swanny

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
N2F,

Yup, that was addressed to you and swanny. As soon as more people start chiming in, we can see what dates would work for the most, but so far it looks like it's only you and Swanny.

But let me ask you a question: would there be any way for you to take both the monster and the 999 to the shoot? I'm not sure if you have a trailer or not, so there's a big chance that this is a silly question. Anyway, I'm probably just being greedy ;D ...

By the looks of it, though, you'll be free just in time for Swanny to be back at work (right?). If that's the case, it's still no biggie. If we can't get a date that works for both you (N2F) and Swanny, I can probably shoot your bike at my parent's garage.

André

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Well, you know if it doesn't work that I can be at Swanny's, then maybe we'll just move some stuff around in our garage, if that works Andre? That would also be the only way, realistically, to get the Monster and the SBK together for the shoot. Our garage is smallish, with windows in the garage door and a side door with a window also... do you bring tarps to block out the light or is that something we'll want to take care of?

At any rate, I think this is gonna be so cool - thanks for working with me on this Andre!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lisa,

How small is your garage? I think I could do with surprisingly small spaces. Some people say that photography is mostly problem solving anyway... I think an empty one car garage would do, in fact. I would be more than happy to help you move stuff around if you need it.

As for the windows and doors, I have some blackout material just for that. If I don't have enough (I doubt it), then we could use old towels and things of that nature (which I have some just for that as well). We don't have to seal all the gaps perfectly, we just need to block most of the light coming in.

If we're doing it at your place, is there any date Mon-Thurs (up to the 15th) that would work for you?

and,

Swanny,

Even if there are no takers for the full day shoot at your place, and you'd still like your bikes photographed, I'd be more than happy to do it. You're cool as hell for offering your place... can't thank you enough. [thumbsup]

André

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Andre, how about Thursday January 4th? Once the car and other bikes are moved outside, you'll have a two car garage space, more or less, to work with. It has a regualr height ceiling (eight feet I guess...) We also have a step ladder.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thursday the 4th sounds great! [thumbsup]

I just came back from photographing Ducandcover's bike, and we had a little over one parking space to work with (Rick, if you're reading, this is about right, right?), and we had no problems at all. Hmm, maybe it was a parking space and a half. Anyway, the point is that your garage will certainly do just fine.

Well, I'm going back to processing the shots I took today, and I'll post them up as soon as they're done.

André

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
AndreRA3 said:
Thursday the 4th sounds great! [thumbsup]

I just came back from photographing Ducandcover's bike, and we had a little over one parking space to work with (Rick, if you're reading, this is about right, right?), and we had no problems at all. Hmm, maybe it was a parking space and a half. Anyway, the point is that your garage will certainly do just fine.

Well, I'm going back to processing the shots I took today, and I'll post them up as soon as they're done.

André
Andre,

It is really cool of you taking your time and using your expertise to take pictures of our bikes. [clap]

Swanny

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
swanny said:
Andre,

It is really cool of you taking your time and using your expertise to take pictures of our bikes. [clap]

Swanny

+1 Andre! It's so cool we're surrounded by such talented, artistic folks (Giannis work is also way-cool [thumbsup] )

See you on the 4th!

Lisa

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Oh Man!
Andre, you kicked butt with these pics (sorry - "photographs") today!
Y'all all gonna be so impressed with Andre's work, not to mention absolutely fascinated with the technique he employs! (If you don't know how he does it, I'm not going to tell. You have to see it to believe it) ...and Andre did a cool portrait of me with the bike too! Other photos to surprise as well...

Yes, we had about 1 1/2 car spaces to work with, but a 10 foot distance seemed to be enough to get the whole bike photo in?

Also Andre, Michael (my son) is pretty sure that the Corona race team can trailer their bikes up here. He's asked me not to take the papers off the windows for a while.

Andre..thanks again, I still think I got the better half of the deal though!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and everyone on the board!!
HO HO HO!
Rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts