Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some asshole knocked over my 2000 750 (didn't even leave a note). :mad: It fell on its left side - among other things, there's now a squishy/bubbly sound coming from the clutch slave area when I pull in the clutch closer than half-way. There's been a slight pressure drop, but I rode it home and it shifted just fine.

any steps I can take to check if its fixable vs. replaceable?

S

·
0 Posts
if there's no visible damage to it, the tip-over probably just allowed some air to sneak into the lines. that's what it sounds like. try bleeding the system and you'll prolly be ok. i'd recommend bleeding the brakes while you're at it just to be safe.
and track down that s.o.b. who tipped your bike over and introduce him to the underside of your foot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm .. I flushed out the whole system and still hear the squishy sound. [smiley=huh.gif] I feel like its coming from just inside the slave- I blew some compressed air in there but that didn't do much..

can I just pop off the allen bolts and check out the actual cylinder push mechanism? or will that get fluid all over the place??

H

·
0 Posts
You blew compressed air in WHERE? ??? Air is a hydraulic systems worst enemy.

S

·
0 Posts
can I just pop off the allen bolts and check out the actual cylinder push mechanism? or will that get fluid all over the place??
you can remove the allen bolts and pull the slave cylinder off with no problem. if you pull the lever, you WILL get fluid all over the place. but again... if there's no visible external damage, i'm sure you've just got some air trapped in there. try bleeding at the slave AND at the master cylinder.

oh, and as herb pointed out, it's not a good idea to blast air at a hydraulic system. if you're worried about leaks, clean the area surrounding the slave thoroughly, let it dry, and then dust it with powder. if there's a leak, you'll know.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no air? :-[ oops

I'll try a full bleed again tonight. thanks for the advice!

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
That sux mojak! I met you outside of desmoto sport a few weeks ago (i was on the silver monster) i had my monster knocked over last week and am waiting for the donkeys insurance to go pay the shop to fix it. someone should invent a camera that would record this type of event so the bastids couldnt flee forever.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
someone should invent a camera that would record this type of event so the bastids couldnt flee forever.

After my cage got keyed in Feb. I had the very same thought.. a panoramic camera inside the car that would start recording when it detects movement nearby. It then wirelessly transmits the info to a central location so that the vandals/thieves can't destroy the footage (if kept in the car). Who wants to go into business making these? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Or how about a fake camera and a big sticker that reads: "You're being watched!" or something like that.. haha.

Sucks about the bike Mojak.. but you can fix her up as good as new...

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Or how about a fake camera and a big sticker that reads: "You're being watched!" or something like that.. haha.
i'd say that would be a no go. you ever hear those stoopid alarms that tell you you're too close to the vehicle. no sh!t i'm close to the vehicle, i'm walking next to it on the sidewalk. if that happens, i'll usually kick a tire to set it off. either that or get the monster :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sucks about the bike Mojak.. but you can fix her up as good as new...
you're right desmofo - for one thing I'm having Mr. Strati H. modify the FBFs and I've been picking up parts here and there so the bike will be looking good come Apr. 17..

I met you outside of desmoto sport a few weeks ago (i was on the silver monster) i had my monster knocked over last week
tafmonster - it was good to meet you at desmoto the other day. that shop is great - they tend to be pretty cool about giving advice and sourcing parts..

Sorry to hear your bike also got knocked over as well ::) ; this is the second time mine has been knocked over. The first time the guy left a note so I rewarded him by taking it easy on the repairs and not notifying his insurance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts