Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Is there a jack for DUC monsters tha allows you to push the bike around the garage?

2. Can a duc be lifted by the engine, or frame only?

My search on the forums only came up with one thred where someone stated that the craftmen jack cant lift duc's. but if you can lift by the engine maybe it can...?

I have stands for doing work on the bike. but for storage in my tiny garage a jack that could move like a dolly would rock!

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
There is this but the company's link appears to be dead.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea to bad about the link... that looks perfect..It appears to lift by the engine too. So maybe I can make another one work

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
the prob with the jacks is not just the belly pan...on monsters the exhaust runs along the bottom, the oil filter is down there, and the bottom of the motor is not flat wide enough for those jacks

i used one of these when i took my bike apart...you could prob mount some wheels on it
(made by cycle cat)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
^ looks nice but having the wheels on the bottom to move around the garage was the key point for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well if it was positioned on the correct side of the bike and just missed the oil filter...it straps down so should be stable enough to use...now if I just could afford to buy it, and if it didnt work I could write it off as trial and error :p

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
WTF does all this have to do with billy jack?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Bahumut said:
WTF does all this have to do with billy jack?
Uh, nothing. Please..put the pipe down and step away slowly...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
i when i needed to lift the bike i didnt feel comfortable jacking from under the engine because of the exhaust and oil filter. i used a engine hoist and chained it to the passenger handles, rear below the seat.

·
Registered
323 Posts
HyperM3 said:
^ looks nice but having the wheels on the bottom to move around the garage was the key point for me.
But having to remove your exhaust to get the bike on there sounds like a key point to me...

MonsterHooligan said:
the prob with the jacks is not just the belly pan...on monsters the exhaust runs along the bottom, the oil filter is down there, and the bottom of the motor is not flat wide enough for those jacks
Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
if you really wanted to use one of those jacks you could just make an adapter that would go around the exhaust pipe and hold the engine at 2 or more points to be stable and provide a flat surface below for the jack to lift the bike, balance issues to be worked through as well.

I wouldn't try to move a system like that around though, the best solution is something like the cyclecat one MH's shown there or something that uses the motor mount locations to hold up the bike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts