Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the beginning of Dec. I crashed my Monster at a track day at Buttonwillow. I wound up with a smashed headlight, bent bars, bent shifter, broken signal and a crater in the tank. Thanks to the DML, especially Hiero and Crash I was back up and running by Christmas.

I figured I'd live with the dent for awhile. My baby now had character as well as soul. A good friend of mine is going to school at night for auto body repair and painting. She is doing it to learn how to restore bikes for a hobby. She ever so generously offered to fix the dent and paint it in her class. I just got it back this weekend.

Oh my god, it looks amazing! She did an incredible job.

Getting the tank back reassembled was a PITA. I have a bruise on my arm from getting the fuel pump back in the bracket. Thanks to Ducpainter who figured out why it wouldn't start after all that ;D

Here are the befores...

The bike was a silver dark which I loved but it was time for a change. I decided to go with pearl white so the bike is now Cadillac White Diamond. I am unbelievably impressed with how it came out. Before it went back together, it was sitting on a stand in my living room like art. [laugh]

My pictures are not doing this justice, the paint really has to be seen to be appreciated.

My camera batteries died so thats all I have for now. I couldn't decide what to do about decals so we left them off for now. I know I dont want to put the stock ones back on. I may either leave it as is or go with the cagiva style in black with a gold outline.

I'm still giddy about this!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks nice and I know it probably looks even better in person, since you can't get that pearl to show up really good in pictures.

Let me know what kind of graphics you want and I can take care of you [thumbsup]

·
Registered
390 Posts
last night,I wondered if anyone has ever tried olde english lettering for the logo...it might look cool

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Nice Job!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
That looks great!

One question... in the very first picture is there no lens on your headlight or is it some kind of aftermarket unit?

·
Registered
826 Posts
It looks good. I wonder if anyone has done a black/white storm troopers take off? Thats what the white made me think of.

Mary

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, I'm thrilled with it.

Landshark, I'm probably going to send you a message next week about the graphics.

Rameses said:
One question... in the very first picture is there no lens on your headlight or is it some kind of aftermarket unit?
No lens in the headlight. It was totally mangled, thats what happens when you callously toss your bike in the dirt :-\

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
aprilmaybe said:
No lens in the headlight. It was totally mangled, thats what happens when you callously toss your bike in the dirt :-\
Sorry about the spill. At least you've got the new hotness now though. :)

(And I'm kinda disappointed. I was hoping that was an aftermarket headlight. I thought it looked cool. [laugh] )

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Awesome, no lettering is the way to go. IMHO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts