Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clutch lever broke clean off. Anyone know how much one of those things costs? Finding prices on replacement parts is like pulling freakin teeth.

grr

·
Registered
0 Posts
$93 according to bikebandit.com

they have an AMA discount though, which is around 10%

call your dealer, part # 4030412-001

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats alot more than i thought. GRRRRRREAT.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK! anybody know of an aftermarket clutch lever thats cheaper? im in somewhat of a financial bind right now.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i feel your pain.

the stock one is about as cheap as you'll get. the aftermarket ones are usually billet or race type and 2-3x more expensive.

i don't know that that gearchage lever was used on any other bikes either. good luck man.

·
Banned
412 Posts
There are cheapies all over the place...

A word from our sponsors:

$15 Motowheels

There is also Parts Unlimited or Lockhart Phillips at your local dealer... both should have cheapo replacement levers.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Millertime said:
A word from our sponsors:

$15 Motowheels
This is gospel truth. Also check with Yoyodyne as they have a whole slew of parts in the Brembo Spares section of their site. Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine got bent but still worked although I replaced it anyways. You can have it. If you're interested I can check to make sure the mechanic returned it to me when he replaced it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
WHOOPS

I read "lever" and assumed he meant the FOOT lever, i didn't even think about the master lever.

Part number/price I posted is the FOOT lever!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im ready to use a pipe fastener and a screwdriver right now.. so a bent one wont be an issue. are you in southern california?

sysuleman said:
Mine got bent but still worked although I replaced it anyways. You can have it. If you're interested I can check to make sure the mechanic returned it to me when he replaced it.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Call your local dealer or Ducati Seattle. When I bent the clutch lever on my wife's MTS :p, Ducati Seattle sold me a leftover stock one pretty cheap.

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I dropped mine, my (semi) local dealership had clutch and front brake levers laying around for $20 apiece. Might break even compared to ordering after you count shipping, plus you instantly get it.

Took me maybe 5 minutes tops to replace the lever too-VERY simple.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts