Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the monster 821 for about a month now, and it has been doing great. But after about 3-4 hours of riding around today, the bike automatically started to rev a lot when I give it gas (sometimes not exceeding 20 kmph in 3rd/4th gear). I tried from first gear to the last gear, and it still acts as if the clutch is fully pulled in, in the middle of the highway. Is it possible that the clutch lever got loose? Because I fully disengaged the clutch in first gear with no gas and the bike didn't stop (it kept on rolling). I am thinking of tightening the clutch, but I just wanted to see if somebody else had a similar issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is very little free play rn, it engages at the very end of the lever.
The bike was working fine till 3 PM today. I was returning back home from cruising around, all of a sudden the issue started to arise. I rode it to bring it back home, and I tried to see if the issue was fixed after the bike cooled down, but the issue still persisted. I bought the bike at 9000 kms, did safety and oil change in May 3rd. The guy did say he played around with the clutch in order to make it easier to find neutral when he did the safety and oil change.
I plan to tow it down to the dealership tomorrow.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Before you take it to the dealer...just put some turns in the adjustment screw to add free play for the clutch...if it improves the situation you have a diagnosis...you can't go by mileage when addressing clutch issues...you have to look at the behavior in which it was ridden...drag racing murders clutches

How much free play I have...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So guys, it's now fixed. Apparently the friction zone had moved (On the clutch lever). Buhgaboo was correct! Thank you. I took it into a local dealership, these guys are the best. These guys showed me how to adjust the clutch lever, and it worked like before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts