Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '03 620 and it only has like 6k miles on it, when i'm riding after about 15 minutes it starts to backfire and stumble and then just shuts down. :(It only happens once the bike is just about warmed up so i think it has something to do with temp sensors but i heard that it could be the ECU. Once the bike cools down it'll start up again and runs nicely for just a little while, not cool because i got stuck in the rain a couple days ago... Anyone seen this before? many thanks

Lou

·
Registered
24 Posts
warm it up and when it dies do a comp check or a leak down.....probably u just have a tight valve and when it warms up the everything goes down the drain pipe:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
stalling problem

did you fix the problem? my 97 900 monster does the same thing. i can't figure it out.if so i could sure use some direction here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No i didnt really fix it. It had horrible compression in the rear cylinder, so i figured it had to be either the rings or the valves weren't seating properly. Without really taking the time to figure out which one, I went and picked up a head from here and had the same problem which is what I get for rushing. So it had to be the piston rings because the new used head was in near perfect condition. Anyway besides checking ur valve clearances to make sure they're in spec (not that hard) you should have a leakdown test done to see where the loss in compression is coming from.

I didn't think it was worth spending that much time on a 620 so I put an 800 in it. I guess a 900 is worth keeping though so good luck !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts