Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my 620 i.e. yesterday and need a cover for it. i'm in florida right now so weatherproofness is a big factor. does anyone have any they like or dislike? thanks for the advice.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got the cycle pocket, made by shelterking
It works great! You zip up the whole bike, can't get much more covered then that.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have the Dowco Guardian, I think G-50. Fits my Monster 800 fine. Has silver material on the lower sides for the exhaust, has a vent. It is black and nondescript. Comes with a bag. Does the job.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the silver and black Dowco also. Works great, fits great....waterproof.
Hey Lemmywinks....seen the new ads for Southpark?
He's back! ;D

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
If any of you are interested in a "slightly used" red Ducati Performance cover designed for a Monster, I'll let mine go for cheap. It won't fit over an ST2.

Send e-mail if interested.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i thought the red ducati badged ones were indoor covers, not waterproof....oh, and yeah, lemmiwinks is back this week ;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Ducati badged ones are "water resistant" not waterproof.

All my covers have had the heat gaurd panel and I hate it cause through time you get all these little silver specks on your bike when you cover it. It doesn't hurt the paint or anything, it is just an annoyance that when you uncover your bike it is covered from head to too with it and I have to wipe it off.

I want a waterproof cover that does not have the heat guard.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My brother just got the www.cycleshell.com for his BMW 1150GS. He's garage-less, so he needed something that would work as a garage. That thing is solid. Really good materials and well made. Locks, too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have always stored the bikes in the lounge room - the other half is understanding! However when i have had to have them outside they are always covered with a full water proof cover. The simple rules are that
1) Never leave the cover on for more than 3 days without letting th bike breathe for a while (will sweat).
2) Be very carefull with any attachments suck as zips or rings pulls not scatching the bike when putting on or off.

Hope you get it sorted ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts