Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
I was propositioned with this very exact scam. all the details were the same except the buyer said he was in london. It was obviously a scam so i told him to f#$% off.
What I don't understand is the part about him sending you a cashiers check. Can't you verify that the cashiers check is OK with your bank and deposit the amount -- if it's really a cashier's check?

·
Registered
62 Posts
most of the cc are forgerieries. the banks will cash them and give you the money. when they don't clear the originating bank, Your bank comes looking for you.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Seems the additional $6000 ought to be a dead giveaway....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow,
I just got out of this very same scam yesterday with a laptop off ebay. He said he lived in the us and wanted the comp shipped to his brother in the philipines. The thing that caught my attention was that he didn't give the $$ a second thought. it was like "Yeah sure whatever, just take the listing off ebay and I will pay you right away". We called up PayPal and asked if there was any way this could be a scam and they said "yeah. Tell them to only pay with a registered account and you will only ship to that confirmed address. Then shipping abroad to his brother is up to him. "

We wrote the guy back with this info and never heard from him again.

Wow....We were really close to taking the offer.

Live and learn.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Andrew, you are selling the Green Machine? Or do you have another bike you are getting rid of? There are so many people on th eboard its hard to keep track of who is selling, buying looking for hot jailhouse love etc....
I think the bike is a beaut and you should keep it. Sell a kidney on ebay. You can get alot more for one of those!! :p

·
Registered
571 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andrew, you are selling the Green Machine? Or do you have another bike you are getting rid of? There are so many people on th eboard its hard to keep track of who is selling, buying looking for hot jailhouse love etc....
I think the bike is a beaut and you should keep it. Sell a kidney on ebay. You can get alot more for one of those!! :p

I am selling my Honda 954. I could not live with myself if I sold my green machine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I was selling my scooter I received about 20 or more of these bogus messages. They look like this:

Hello Seller,
Am Alinco Clay.,Am a International Business Man.Have been searching for the Vespa ET4, Light Green, you list for sale for the past 1 weeks now pls do get back to me with presend condition and last offering for it.mode of payment will be cashier check I will take care of the shipping myself ok,I look forwards to Read from you soon.
Mr Alinco Clay.........

Then when you reply, they want to give you a "bogus" check. The check is suppose to be about $2,000 more than the asking price. When you ship the product, they want you to send the overpayment back! You end up losing your bike, and $2k.

Seemed that if I asked them for personal information or told them that I could only accept exact payment, they wouldn't reply to my emails. Then I would email them back again and tell them that I am contacting the authorities.

Beware, these A-holes are everywhere!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts