Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I new moster owner. I got my bike in September, yah thats late up here but I managed to get the KM's in for the first service.
Now its been four months and I have Bike Brain. I cant think of anything but riding! So I took my bike apart for a spit shine.

m1100 (first street bike)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I know exactly what you are going through. I recently got back onto motorcycling after the birth of my first child. I took 4 years off as she was born premature , weighing only 1 lb. I felt that the least I could do was limit my risks. I told my wife that when she is doing just fine, I was buying another bike. My daughter will be 5 this July. She is in perfect health and I am blessed beyond what any person should be.

Now that I am back in the game, I cannot get enough of bikes. I read everything in print or on the web. I stare at my bike in the garage just counting the days to riding season is upon us. Chicago winter can be brutal enough and the springs are unpredictable, so I plan on riding for the first time this year tomorrow.

The other down side to not riding is the amount of money spent modifying the bike. In fact, I just ordered rearsets today. I got stop looking at bikes and start riding them!

Good luck with your bike brain!

BTW, thanks for the 8 points this year!

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is fantastic your daughter is doing great!

I ended up purchasing new riding gear and shopping for the mods that I want to do.

unfortunately winter is not quite over here we are sitting at +6 C don't know what that is in Fahrenheit. which is great but there is still the sand and gravel all over the roads. So there are death traps at every corner.

I'm hoping that I can get on mine in a couple of weeks. I might venture out for a gas up . I am almost out of gas from starting it all winter!

Future mods:
Duc fender eliminator
???? signal light replacement front and rear
(smaller led rear and mirror mounted front)
saddle bags for my trip to San Francisco (672 hours of driving away)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts