Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have specific info and experience with any ski in/out cabins in Big Bear?

I'm looking at all the sites listed in Big Bear searches and I can't find anything.

Would be really nice if the place was nice as well! ::)

Looking to book a mid-week post New Years trip for the family.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
are you dead set on bear/summit?

G

·
They have snow at Big bear/snow summit? [laugh] [laugh]

I keed I keed ;D

Any snow is better than no snow!! [clap]

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Im just waiting for snow in Wrightwood. I prefer the small town feeling there ;)

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
pt33 said:
They have snow at Big bear/snow summit? [laugh] [laugh]

I keed I keed ;D

Any snow is better than no snow!! [clap]
Yeah... they have snow... it starts right on the other side of the haybales just before you get on the lift. It turns to ice as you get off of the lift & by 1PM it's slush. Just get youself an Old Milwauke because " It doesn't get any better than this!" [laugh]

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snobs, every last one of you are snobs! :police:

I grew up in Upstate NY where we skate down the hill more so than ski. Our local hill was just that, a hill. T-bar for many years before we got a chairlift. I think there were like ten chairs total. So I don't look at Big Bear and Summit the same way most do. Don't get me wrong, I've skied many big resorts in the west and even a few back east so I know the difference. However, if it has snow and I can make a few turns prior to getting back on the lift I'm a happy camper. Heck, I even hit Mt. High every ounce in a while. Night skiing is a pisser, especially when self medicating at the pub! [cheeky]

Big Bear is slated to open on Friday. Not sure about Summit

Now, back to my original question, ski in/out please.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts